Saturday, July 14, 2012

Say good bye!

Nathan and I are saying good bye to the fat versions of ourselves.  I have tried so many diets and have NEVER had long term success with any of them...and many I never had any short term success with either!

About a year ago a girl I knew from back growing up in Pleasant View, posted some before and after pics on Facebook.  She looked AMAZING!  She had lost something like 130lbs in a year.  I asked her how she did it, she told me Isagenix.  I asked her about PCOS (something I knew she and I had in common)...she said the Isagenix helped with it.  I looked into it a bit but I was honestly so overwhelmed with the upcoming move to Italy that I forgot about it.  Then a few months ago another friend from growing up posted some of her before and after pics on Facebook.  I, again, inquired and she also had used Isagenix.  So I spent a LOT of time looking into it and decided to give it a try.  We ordered all our stuff, prepped our food, took before shots and all our measurements, and started yesterday!  It is a bit spendy, but if it works it will be worth every penny.  

I am detailing our Isagenix Journey HERE if you want to follow.  Please be warned our before shots are on there...and my tummy is WHITE, WHITE, WHITE!  (My swimsuit is a tankini)

I'm really hoping it works for us, I want to be healthier and thinner so I can be around a long time...I don't want Miles to have to worry about caring for us at a young age because we didn't take care of ourselves. 

If you want more information on Isagenix, go HERE

Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Jessa Young Music said...

Hmmm... I think there was something in the Pleasant View water, as I have PCOS as well... only I didn't know I had it until about a year ago. Happy birthday to me!

I saw your post on FB, and I wanted to say that I'm so glad you've found success! I wish you more success and confidence. I personally find that posting pics of yourself for a before and after comparison a feat of confidence and guts, because I wouldn't have been able to do so myself. You go girl! (And you go boy!)

I've been on the "get healthy" track myself-but I have an intolerance for corn in all its forms, so I can't eat processed anything. This includes those shake powders. I've been loosing weight by having the proper medication, daily exercise, and I stay away from processed sugars and carbs the best I can. It's been slow going, but I've lost 25+ lbs. since last year.

Alright, to my point of posting here: I'm so glad that the shakes are working for you. Keep on keeping on! I just wanted to join my voice to the commotion that patience reaps rewards. Sometimes it's best to loose weight slowly so that you can change die-hard habits.

(Ack! I didn't mean to write such a long post! Anyway...)

You are beautiful. Don't forget to love thyself, above all this dieting schtuff and measurements.

-Melanie